Friday, February 17, 2012

Downton Abbey












Image Credit: Carnival Film and Television Limited


I love love love Downton Abbey. Do you think Matthew gets hotter each episode? At the beginning, he was a little less refined, but now - mmm mmm mmm. What do you think will happen in the finale? Obviously, we all want Matthew and Mary to end up together (I did not believe that Lavinia plot for a second, although I thought they knocked her off quite abruptly), but there must be twist somewhere or it will be too easy. I have been thinking of the possibilities and here is what I have come up with:

1. The Obvious - Lady Mary dumps Sir Richard for Matthew. Sir Richard threatens to shame Lady Mary with her skeleton in the closet, but Carson kicks his ass so badly he never returns.
2. The Unfortunate - Lady Mary marries Sir Richard and Matthew is stuck with the middle sister Lady Edith.
3. The Flapper - Lady Mary gives up on men and becomes a flapper (ala the scene where someone mentions the new short hairdos in Paris and Lady Mary says she would consider it- I think it is foreshadowing).
4. The Twist - Lady Mary dumps Matthew and Sir Richard and goes slumming with Thomas the Footman - hey they are all doing it. I know he is gay, but it is the early 20th century and he does want to get ahead.
5. The Queen Elizabeth - Lady Mary dumps Matthew and Sir Richard and fights for her rights to become the next Earl of Grantham. Carson becomes her trusted adviser.

That is all I can come up with - use the Poll above to vote on a plot or Comment to let us know what you think will happen!


3 comments:

  1. I think your theories are hilarious!!! Don't tell me what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a sweepstakes in case you want to go to England this year...

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sweepstakes/index.html

    ReplyDelete