Monday, February 25, 2013

Beginning to Blog Week 5: Camera Shutter Speed
























Shutter Speed


Oh, I have finally figured it out! Hooray! The image above is my first attempts to capture a moving subject- snow falling. Shutter speed changes the way a moving object is recorded by the camera.I had to adjust my ISO and Aperture to let in more light. I did not use a flash.

Fast Shutter Speed

Use a fast shutter speed to catch or to freeze moving subjects. Use a flash and adjust aperture and ISO in low light or the images will be too dark like the one above.

Luckily, we are having a snowy day and I am able to demonstrate the freezing (no pun intended) of snow falling by setting my shutter speed to 1/40000.


In the images below, I have the shutter speed set to 1/40000 - ISO 100 - Aperture f/5.6. I was trying to capture snow falling. In one of the images below I captured a spinning fan and a light bulb filament. Some still too dark, but I am learning!















































Slow Shutter Speed

Low shutter speed makes objects that are moving look like they are in motion,  like a blurry trail of that moving image is recorded by the camera. The images below show the static objects in the restaurant in focus and the objects in motion are blurred. It looks like a fast paced environment, and it is!







No comments:

Post a Comment