Sunday, February 10, 2013

Beginning to Blog Week 3: Camera ISO























Here, kitty, kitty.

Finally! I finally got some vivid photos. And, luckily I had the cutest little muse. These are the best I have taken yet. I was able to get these results by adjusting the ISO on my camera to the lowest setting. Adjusting the ISO (or sensitivity) allows the camera to let in more light without using flash. The less ISO, the less grainy the photo. In my opinion, it allows me to have that intense feeling I am looking for in each picture. 

I do not have a digital SLR. I have an Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10. These photos are all taken in natural light using an ISO of 100. they were not digitally enhanced. I have found it was absolutely necessary to have my camera set on a solid surface to get clean, unshaken photos. A tripod would have been useful. I still think I need to work on focus. They still seem a tiny bit blurry to me. 

PhotographyLife.com has a great article about ISO. 













Stay tuned for posts about aperture, focus, shutter speed, light settings and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment